Links and Resources for Nanotechnology
- Engines of Creation by K. Eric Drexler (Anchor 1986) discusses both the technology and its possible applications and consequences.
- Unbounding the Future, by K. Eric Drexler, Chris Peterson and Gayle Pergamit (Quill 1991)
- Nano! by Ed Regis (Little, Brown 1995)
- Nanoelectromechanical systems face the future, Michael Roukes, PhysicsWorld Features, February 2001.
- Physics and the Information Revolution, J. Birnbaum and R.S. Williams, Physics Today, January 2000, p. 38.
- Foresight Debate with Scientific American, Ralph Merkle's response to the April 1996 Scientific American story Trends in nanotechnology: waiting for breakthroughs
- Nanosystems: Molecular Machinery, Manufacturing, and Computation, K. Eric Drexler: 1992 standard text on nanotechnology
- Quantum theory, the Church-Turing principle and the universal quantum computer, David Deutsch: Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A400 97-117, 1985.
- Molecular engineering: An approach to the development of general capabilities for molecular manipulation, K. Eric Drexler: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), Vol. 78, pp. 5275-78, 1981.
- There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom, Richard Feynman (1918-1988): 1959 talk to the annual meeting of the American Physical Society at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech).
- Rules of Reasoning in Philosophy, Isaac Newton (1642-1727): The Mathematical Principles of Natural Philosophy